©2009-2016 Becky Higgins

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Final Day of FGS2011

I must admit my last day at the FGS conference is mostly a blur. The day was primarily spent working as a volunteer monitoring various sessions or helping out at the ISGS booth. Happily our booth had plenty of traffic.

Monitoring the rooms was lots more fun than I had anticipated and it caused me to sit in on some sessions I might not otherwise have attended. I took away new and useful information for each even when the topic wasn't specific to my personal research.

In the evening after the clean-up, I had the opportunity to dine with genealogy friends, some new, some recently met. How exciting to hear how much everyone enjoyed the four/five days we'd spent together. Most of us had helped in one capacity or another; we all had stories as well as new and exciting information/knowledge to share.

Now it's time to evaluate what we've learned, organized our thoughts, and put some of that newly gained "stuff" into action. As for me, I can't wait to try out me new Flip Pal scanner! Maybe I'll get more of my personal family pictures scanned now that I can do it pretty much anywhere anytime!!

(I have no affiliation with the Flip-Pal company other than being a new owner of the product.)



No comments:

Post a Comment